Wednesday, September 24, 2008

LISA PENTON... TESTIMONIAL OF A SURVIVER


In October 2001, I was diagnosed with Acute Leukemia which came on very suddenly and left me fighting for my life. After a year of chemotherapy, my body was weak, heavier and out of shape and other survivors warned me that it would take more than a year to rid my body of the effects of the chemotherapy. I started slowly, to try and build back my stamina and health by working out. I started to lift weights and walk. By July of 2004, although I was doing better with my health and stamina, I was still heavier than I wanted to be and was frustrated with my physical condition. My lack of stamina also proved frustrating in my efforts to lose weight. I started working out with Heinz Senior at his Ultimate Training and Nutrition Center in July 2004. This program has made a remarkable change in me and my life. With his diet, I have been able to lose the weight I wanted without any ill effects, and I have been able to keep the weight off. His program of lifting weights has pushed me to become physically stronger than I have ever been. I have also added aerobics to my exercise routine. As a result I am in much better condition than before the illness was diagnosed and I feel the positive effects of Heinz’ program everyday and in everything I do.

No comments: